favorite this postPEOPLE MAJOR DIFFERENCE - PRIVATE HOME /APARTMENT /BOARDING ((ANYWHERE YOU WISH TO LIVE))hide this posting
cats are OK - purrr dogs are OK - wooof
QR Code Link to This Post
Here are some *COMMON SENSE SUGGESTIONS* if you are looking for a room to rent or a place to live, based on some of the idiot posts from Craig's List:
1. We All Love Our Pets but desperate situations require sacrifice. If you have a pet, have someone / somewhere for pet to stay, until you are able to 'Manage on Your Own'. IF An Emergency, get rid of the pet or/and be prepared to pay more. If you are on Craig's List looking for a "Room" for rent, the room is for you and not your pet. No one will want to rent to you and people with no pets will get priority. It is INHUMANE to have a pet locked up in a room. Make Arrangements for your Dog, Cat, Rabbit, Snake, Turtle, Rat, Pig, Ferret, Chickens and then you will be considered. Also, no matter how well behaved you think your pet is, all pets cause damage. "I have a pet, save your hate mail." Additionally, the small white dog you carry in your bag is not a "Service Dog". No Pets means No Pets. Legitimate Service Dogs are trained and registered. *Have Registration Papers On Hand*. If you insist on including your pet and posting your pet's picture, post yours as well. For all the people that are only posting photos of their pets and not themselves, "Owners Rent To People, Not Pets."
2. If you are a couple, you will not get a room rented to you before a single person. Why would a homeowner, who has a 3-bedroom house and charges $600. per room, rent to a couple for the same price as a single person? No one wants to hear your fights, your drama, or you having sex at 3 AM. In addition, a couple uses double the utilities, has twice as much activity so the price is more. Also, for the people that say they are a family with kids and one room is fine - "It's Not."
3. Please, do your homework before placing an ad and look at the prices other homeowners are charging for rent. If the average homeowner is charging $700. then do not think $400 is acceptable. Take your $400 to an area where you will get what you pay for. You are paying for Safety, Pest-Free and Drama-Free Environment, as well as Respectful Roommates and/or Owners.
4. When you make unreasonable demands like "Must have Master Bedroom", "Must have own bathroom" you should be prepared to pay the price for someone to give up their master bedroom and bath and go sleep in a room that is their child's old bedroom. If you want a Master Bedroom and a private bath, extra-large closets, secure off street parking, storage space separate entrance, go rent an apartment or be prepared to pay more. Room rental is just that: *Room Rental.*
5. If your Girl/Boyfriend will "only be there occasionally" go live with them as they must have their own place or stay at their place "Occasionally". "No Overnighters or No Guests" is pretty clear it MEANS, *"No Overnighters or No Guests."*
6. If you place an ad for a place to rent that says Desperate, Urgent, Emergency, Homeless, ASAP or need HELP be prepared 'NOT' to get an answer. Contact your Family, Friends, Churches or Shelters; that is what they are for. Also, if you post "Will Do Anything" etc... Be prepared for offers to trade sex for a place to live, both Male and Females. Just don't get or act annoyed. This is 'Craigslist' and You have No or a Little Money. **Choose Which is Most Important to You.** "Housing /Shelter /Maintaining Hygiene /Eating Freshly Prepared Foods /Sleeping and Waking Up in a Cozy Bed /Not Being Rape -OR- Beliefs, Morals, What Others Would /Will think (if they knew(??)."
7. It is amazing how all of a sudden everyone becomes Christian when they are faced with being on the streets or have a desperate need. They want to live in a Christian household. If you are a real Christian then your *First Resource is Your Local Church* you go to on a regular basis (yeah, right). Besides, Your Christianity doesn't make YOU anymore trustworthy, respectful, morally better, sane or even give you any 'Preference' over Non-Christians. "CHRISTIANS HAVE PROVEN TO BE ASSHOLES TOO."
8. It is also very funny how many people all of a sudden want to cook and clean for a free place to live. If you knew how to cook and clean, you would still be with your last homeowner and you would not be on Craig's List looking for a new a place to live. "I will cook for you", does that mean you are supplying all the food and you are going to cook for me or do I still supply all the food? No amount of your cooking will pay the electric bill or the rent. In addition, I do not think that anyone's house is so dirty and disgusting that it will take a month to clean every single month, month after month in order to equal the value of any rent paid in full. If a house were that dirty, would you move in? I doubt it.
9. Do not place an ad complaining how cold/hot it is, no one feels sorry for your situation and local shelters are for that purpose. If you feel you are too good for the shelter system and your own friends or family will not take you in, why should others? You don't go shopping without money and you don't walk into a store and ask for a free coat because its cold do you.
10. Be advised that no one wants your Food Stamps or possibly fined or jailed. Also, Food Stamps are not a monetary exchange for a roof over your head unless the homeowner puts in the ad that Food Stamps, WTC, EBT will be accepted for rent. Maybe when they start excepting Food Stamps for Utilities and Repairs.
11. If you are an "outdoor smoker", it makes no difference because the smell permeates your clothes and comes inside when you do. If you smoke, you smell. If you try to sneak it, you will be evicted. No Smoking means No Smoking of anything - including vaping.
12. No one cares about how many degrees you have, or if you are going to College to get a degree. If you have a degree get a job in your chosen field. If you have decided to do a career change, write a novel, become a Reiki Master, a rapper, a Rabbi or whatever; good for you but don't expect that to reduce the rent.
13. No one cares how many potential interviews you have or assurances you will find a job quickly or your willingness to pay later. If you want to pay later, move in later.
14. Whether Male or Female, it makes no sense to place an ad for a 'Free Room' and then say this is Not an Ad For Sex, or you will cook and clean for a 'Free Room', etc. Your cooking and cleaning, does not pay the Taxes or for the cost of utilities (gas, electricity, water, garbage removal) or for "Premium Cable" or "High Speed Internet/WIFI" that you demand. You are crazy if you think someone is going to provide all of that and a place to stay if you are not willing or capable of "Giving up" anything in exchange. In addition, all of this Personal Assistant/Shopper/Home Organizer/Web site designer offer garbage is BS. If you have those skills use them to get a job.
*15. If you are a woman, there are reputable organizations that will rent you a safe place FREE from harassment. It makes no sense to post on a free forum like Craig's List and say "No dirty old men looking for sex" because there are also dirty old women looking for the same thing. "Dirty old men", "Creepers", "Perverts" or whatever you want to call them are all waiting for you to post your ad. If you don't want people like these to reply, go to a Real Estate agent or rental website not Craig's List.
16. Another stupid ad on Craig's List stated: "We are a couple, please let us live in your house for free so we can save up money to get our own apartment". Isn't the whole purpose of renting a room out to make money so that I can pay my own bills? Why would anyone allow someone else to stay in a house free so they can save money while they are costing money to stay there? It makes no sense. On top of that it also said "Neither me nor my girlfriend will "exchange" anything for a free place to stay" If people think they are going to get something for nothing they are either crazy or scammers. One way or another you are going to have to pay. This is one of the most expensive places to live with a critical shortage of housing and more people arriving every month. Think about what you are going to write before you ask for anything as stupid as a free place to live, when you are not willing to give up anything in return.
17. Babies. No homeowner will rent to a woman or couple who is pregnant or who just gave birth. If you are a single mother with no support from the baby's father, go to social services and have them help you make the father pay to support the child. The father has a legal obligation to support the child. Also, if the home is not baby proofed the liability falls on the owner for anything that happens to the child. *'The Risk is Too Great.'*
18. Please do not claim discrimination for any of the above or that your rights have been violated because of whatever reason. The housing laws DO protect against housing discrimination. BUT, If the homeowner lives in "Their House" and rents out a room, the homeowner has the legal right (For Safety) to rent or not to rent to anyone they wish. Also, Inside My Home, I can Make or Change Rules as I see fit. *[unless there is a Lease - why I don't]*. IN ILLINOIS FOR HOMEOWNERS W/NO LEASE - A DATED 30 DAY NOTICE TO VACATE TO THE RENTER IS NECESSARY...
19. If you live in another city and have always wanted to live in different city and become famous, hide out, start over etc. but want to get a "Free Place" to live before you move here to "Check Things Out"-- Stay home. Why should anyone pay the cost for "Your Dreams"? If you want to move here, save enough money to rent a room when you get here. If you run out of money and can only get Porn offers, 'accept them or you can go back home'. Don't expect a "Free Place" to live.
20. Don't expect reduced rent because you "will only be there 3 nights a week". If you only need 3 nights rent a motel room. -OR- Because you "won't be in the Home most of the time". When You pay at a Hotel, You Don't get a Reduction in Rent for the Days You Weren't Their or Didn't Return for Your Belongings.
21. If you post a picture of yourself, post one that doesn't make you look like a serial killer, a wannabe rapper, child molester, a DUI arrest photo or drunk on your ass. You will get no response unless the person renting the room looks as bad as you do.
*22. Say If You Are Male, Female or Other. This may/is *Important to the Renter of said properties/room(s)…
If already have a Specific Gender renting residence (All; Females/Others/Males)… Possibly, even for Safety reasons - Yours and/or Renters.
23. MY FAVORITE; I'll 'House Sit' In your Home, while you are away out of Town, Country or Just Your Mind.
Who needs someone (you don't know) to go through 'All Your Personal Shit'...Making copies, stealing, inviting others over, etc...
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers