Glacier Fish Company is seeking an Assistant Cook to work onboard our at-sea processing vessel. This vessel catches and processes in the Bering Sea, Gulf of Alaska, and Aleutian Islands. The crew are converting raw fish into a frozen-at-sea finished product.
QR Code Link to This Post
WORK HOURS: Regularly scheduled for 14 hour shifts, may be required to work additional hours due to occasional urgent vessel needs. Shipyard duties to be fulfilled as required or assigned.
• Contract with option to extend based on performance
• 16 hour shift, 7 days a week
• Compensation is a crew share - discussed in interview
JOB DESCRIPTION: Prepares and cooks family-style meals for crew on the fishing vessel.
• Prepares meals as assigned for the crew and others on a daily basis using kitchen equipment, tools, and supplies stored in dry storage, refrigerators and frozen storage areas.
• Ensures all food preparation and storage is in compliance with health standards
• Understands and complies with company and regulatory environmental policies regarding hotel waste disposal.
• Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of crew to be served
• Bakes bread and pastries
• Plans menus with Head Cook to best utilize inventory
• Assists with inventory and ordering as requested by Head Cook
• Assists in the loading and unloading of food and other supplies into various storage areas located on various levels of the vessel.
• Prepares breakfast and midnight meals on a daily basis.
• Cleans kitchen area, equipment, and tools after each meal to meet sanitation standards
• Encourages and fosters good relationship with crew to ensure mealtimes are enjoyable.
• Washes and dries crew laundry according to schedule, maintains laundry area in clean and serviceable condition.
• Cleans vessel house daily, including wheelhouse, upper deck, bathrooms and staircases.
• Operates all galley and laundry equipment according to manufacturer instructions
• Utilizes cleaning chemicals according to manufacturer instructions and company policies
MUST PASS DRUG TEST AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
Working onboard an at sea processing vessel is physically and mentally challenging. The job requires physical endurance, repetitive lifting, agility, prolonged periods of standing, teamwork and self-discipline. Crew members make a contractual commitment to being at sea for extended periods of time, leaving family and friends at home.
PAY: Crew members are paid a crew share rate for each trip completed. Entry level earnings for an Assistant Cook can range from $5400 - $6750 per trip. A single trip takes approximately 14 to 20 days to complete. Crew can expect to work about 4 trips on average in a 65 day contract.
*Applicant is responsible for travel and hotel expenses to Seattle (point of hire). Company covers cost of flight from Seattle to Alaska. *
Apply online at: https://glacierfish.applicantpro.com/jobs/858030.html
Glacier Fish Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.